Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jacob the (almost) Wonder Dad

I'm currently coaching 6th grade volleyball. It consists of me yelling at the girls "ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? RETURN THE BALL!!!" Or another favorite, "WE CAN"T SCORE POINTS IF WE CAN'T SERVE THE BALL!" I actually really do enjoy it, and I love the girls I work with, they try hard. That being said though, I come home from games a bit frazzled. Apparently all the LACK of competitiveness I have in my personal life is channeled into coaching. I tell you ALL that to tell you this.

My loving husband decided he was going to have everything settled for me when I got home last night around eight. He did it all. He did the dishes. He made dinner. Took out the trash. Cleaned the dinner mess up and DID THE DINNER DISHES (unheard of behavior for him normally). Got the kids ready for bed and all tucked in. The man even did some laundry. I got home and all I had to do was heat up some leftovers and sit down to relax. I was impressed and relieved to not have to drag my tired butt through all the motions of the evening. He and I are just talking when I very innocently asked him about the kids soccer practice that night.

......

......

(Realization slowly dawning on us both that Jacob totally forgot to take the kids to soccer practice.)

........

"Crap. This ruins my Super Dad night doesn't it?"

And really. I was just too happy to be sitting there on my butt to care. So thanks, babe. You almost did it all.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Andi, I was trying to get on your Mom's blog. I have been away from blog reading, but always loved hers. Your son, Keegan is my little birthday buddy. Can you have her email me?

amazinggrazefarm at gmail dot com

Thanks!