Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wow

Let a little time get away and it gets easier and easier to skip blogging. But here I am, finally. I had a few minor medical setbacks in the week that left me more tired than usual, and I have no issue using that as an excuse for not blogging. Anyhow, here I am, back at it.

Here's a quick update:

The winner of the Awesome Charts Book was Theresa. I used a highly complex system to pick her, being I picked a random number and went to see whose comment it was. I'm complicated like that. So congratulations Theresa! Please email me your address and I will have your book shipped to you.

I started a second job at a local greenhouse. So far I really enjoy it, and think I will continue to. If I have to be away from my kids I might as well be at a place where I am getting a work out, a tan and dirty all at the same time.

Jacob and I are starting a diet. You'll recall that I recently lost quite a few pounds (almost 30). Well several of them (OK, more than several) found me again, hence the diet. We are also going to start working out together. Ugh. I am hoping that having this be a joint effort will stave off any laziness that seems to swiftly descend when I mention the E word. Did I say ugh yet?

Another Valentine's Day came and went. Jacob and I did the usual: nothing. I love that about him, and I am being totally serious. I realized about half way through the morning that I had forgotten to get the kids anything so Keegan got a piece of chocolate and I dug a toy out of the very bottom of the toy box that Sophie had forgotten about and regave it to her. She was thrilled, named it Valentine Bear and Mom dodged a bullet. Whew. In my free time I compose my Mother of the Year speech.

Jacob starts his new position in the schools soon. This means he works days and is off on the weekends, so we are pretty pumped about that. Not to mention I think he'll be pretty fabulous there, though I may be a bit biased. I know for sure he'll be the best looking resource officer of all time, ever.

Because of the above paragraph we have been getting the kids switched over to a day shift schedule. They did surprising well, but Jacob and I are struggling. When you are used to staying up until 1:oo, going to bed at 10:00 seems more than a bit early.

Weaning. We are working hard on it. I bet within the week we'll be done. D.O.N.E. I've got a funny story about this, remind me to tell it later, because it's almost my new bedtime and I've gotta go get ready to lay in bed wide awake for several hours. Just kidding. Kind of.

2 comments:

VaQueenBee said...

Yay!!! I've never won anything on a blog before, and this looks great! (especially to a home school mom!)

Neal and I do nothing for each other for Valentine's Day either. We decided a few years ago that we wouldn't, that way we wouldn't end up disappointing each other. We do have an anniversary next week though!

That's funny about the toy for Sophie!

Thanks for the give-a-way! I'll email you my address.

Valerie Swartz said...

LOL you crack me up:D I love the whole giving a toy at the bottom of the toy box thing. I do that too. Nice to know I'm not the only one.