Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Never Scare a Toddler in the Wee Hours of the Morning

Little Miss Sophie has started coming into our room at night. Around about one in the morning she creeps into the bedroom, going to Jacob's side of the bed because he is such a sound sleeper she clambers over his head and snuggles down between us. We had discussed this and decided that it was not going to happen again. Last night I, the very light sleeper, heard the now familiar pitty pat of Sophie feet approaching the door and I whispered, "Jacob".

Nothing.

The door opens. I nudge Jacob in the ribs.

Nothing.

She is now climbing onto the bed. I elbow Jacob. Hard.

Nothing.

Sophie is now ON THE MAN'S HEAD.

Nothing.

"JACOB!!!!" I hollered.

"AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG" yelled Sophie as she peed all over Jacob's still sleeping head. All over the pillow, the sheets, her pajamas, Jacob's hair. Then the wailing and gnashing of teeth starts as Sophie realizes she peed on herself and Jacob is groggily starting to sit up, trying to figure out what is going on.

Tonight Sophie is supposed to stay in her bed again. We'll see how this goes. We only have two sets of sheets though, and the clean ones are on the bed. Let's hope we have a good night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that the wee hours of the morning or could it be that it was the wee wee hours of the morning?

Ruth said...

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!

Jodi said...

OMG! That will teach you to yell in the middle of the night. LOL

Penny said...

That is too funny! I will have to remember not to scare Brianna if she tries that.

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

OH Andi... Too funny. I love this story. You have two really good kiddos.

Anonymous said...

I, too , am laughing at this. It's always funny when yucky things happen to your siblings!

Shell

Amy said...

Hilarious!