Monday, December 07, 2009

In hindsight, I should have said something...

I suppose I should have warned Sophie about the automatic toilet she used. As she potty danced her way into the stall and noted aloud that it didn't have a "flusher", warning bells should have gone off that apparently she had never used one. Either I was just a little dense that day, or maybe just a little harried after my bolt through the store after Sophie's announcement that her "pee pee was about to fall out" because she "can't hold it any more."

Regardless the reason for my neglect, I forgot to tell Sophie that the toilet would flush on it's own. Lucky for me, it was a toilet that not only flushes on it's own, but of it's own volition and on it's own timing because as Sophie sat down, the toilet flushed and quite literally scared the piss out of my daughter. She practically FLIES off that seat, pee squirting everywhere, eyes as big as saucers, totally freaked out; leaving me, the mom with twenty-twenty hindsight, to clean up the floor. And her pants. And her underwear. And the toilet. And myself, because I was laughing like an idiot.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

OMG! This just brightened my day of studying lol!!!!

I remember the first time I experienced that kind of throne we were in Disney in Florida and my mom went first and it almost scared the crap out of her lol... but she did forewarn us after lol...

MtnGirl said...

That was too funny! Were there any other "customers" in there?

Deanne said...

I have four children, three of them little girls, and I DESPISE those toilets. My girls were so traumatized they refused to go in to ANY public restroom. I got so I would carry post it notes in my purse and stick on over the sensor so they could tinkle in peace.

Hate those things.....